The training course developed in COMPASS included 80 hours of e-learning activities from October 24th to December 18th 2016 and field practices in the period from November 2016 to January 2017. 50 unemployed graduates from Bulgaria, Italy, Croatia, Romania and Germany were selected to participate to the course. The on-line course was in English and the field practice in the different national languages.
The course included 8 online training modules on sustainable conversion, sustainable architecture and energy management, urban planning and participative planning, social sustainability, team building and management, business creation and fundraising, marketing and internationalization and GIS mapping. Field practice activities will take place in Zagreb, Cluj, Rome, Berlin and Sofia.
The Compass course wants to build professionals’ transversal competences so to increase their abilities to enter the growing job market of ecological transition and sustainable urban regeneration. Through the course and the field practice foreseeing the development of conversion project proposals based on real spaces to be regenerated in Berlin, Zagreb, Rome, Cluj-Napoca, Sofia, trainees gain both knowledge and field competences improving their chance to develop consultancy activities directed both at the public and the private sectors. For example EU Operational programme URBACT has an open call for a pool of experts in the field of integrated and sustainable urban policies to meet the need of local municipality active in the URBACT networks. (http://urbact.eu/all-networks).
The course wants to enhance collaboration among participants from Bulgaria, Croatia, Italy, Romania and Germany. Teaching organisations will facilitate trainees’ connections to their networks of public and private stakeholders and will offer them privileged spaces for multi-stakeholders dialogue and concrete development of conversion projects’ ideas.
After the completion of the course, participants receives a certificate stating the specific competences and knowledge gained.
• Being unemployed, not yet employed after the graduation or employed in other sectors than the one of your curricular education;
• Having a university diploma (minimum 3 years/bachelor’s) in the fields of: architecture, environmental sciences, social sciences, civil engineering, economics, landscape architecture, geography, urban planning, spatial planning, traffic, energy management, political science, public administration and other related disciplines;
• Having solid computer competences (internet, MS Office);
• Being fluent in English - (certificate or self-evaluation);
• Having previous experience or strong interest in sustainable development, environment, community engagement, or other relevant area;
• Living in Berlin or Zagreb or Rome or Cluj-Napoca or Sofia, or nearby so to guarantee active participation in the field practice.
How to apply?
Applications were to be sent before Oct 9th 2016 by email indicating in the email title “Compass course application” to:
Bulgaria: Denitza Toptchiyska ()
Croatia: Petra Andrić ()
Germany: Jennifer Schaefer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Italy: Lucie Greyl (email@example.com)
Romania: Anna Șargov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications should contain:
• Obligatory documentation: CV and motivation letters in English, English certification or self-evaluation should be included in the CV.
• Additional documentation (non-obligatory): recommendation letters, additional education courses attended.
Find more information on Compass partners here
The Compass project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union
The content of this website reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.